Maintenance and Care
The wood used in the products of Arte & Tune is of high quality and has great durability and resistance , but maintenance will emphasize the beauty of your art:
- To eliminate dust and dirt, use a slightly damp flannel, it is also advisable to use small brushes with soft bristles for cleaning in more difficult places.
- On parts containing paintings, it is not recommended to use any other cleaning product.
- Crafts in wood Suar Wood : After cleaning, apply peroba oil or teak oil with a slightly damp flannel. The use of oil will revitalize the piece, as well as its natural color, a change in the tone of the piece will be visible.
- Crafts in wood Crocodile Wood : Do not use any type of oil, as it will darken the piece considerably. We recommend the use of colorless wax (the same ones used on shoes), if you want to enhance the appearance of the piece.
- Arts in Teak wood : After cleaning, apply teak oil with a slightly damp flannel.
- Excessive exposure to the sun leaves the wood susceptible to possible cracks, due to the dilation of the wood.
- Exposure to rain can change the original color of the piece, as much as the drying process in the sun, which is also harmful.
- For products that remain in external areas, cleaning and moisturizing every 15 or 20 days is recommended.
- For products left indoors, cleaning and moisturizing every 30 or 40 days is recommended.
- Varnishes, paints, steel wool, brushes with hard bristles, among others, will irreversibly damage your originality!
Products made of stone or stone powder are very durable , but some precautions must be taken:
- Never use detergent or any other similar product other than water for cleaning. Cleaning products can remove paint from the piece
- To eliminate dust and dirt, use a slightly damp flannel, it is also advisable to use small brushes with soft bristles for cleaning in more difficult places, but with extreme care not to damage the paint of the piece, if any.
- Do not use hoses or water jets with higher pressure, they can easily damage the piece.
- Any painting method will damage the originality of the piece, possibly causing irreversible damage to its original color.
Arts in metal, fiber, resin, etc...
Arte & Tune sells arts in bamboo, fiber, resin, glass, metal, among others, aiming at better conservation of its products, we have the following recommendations:
- Use a cloth or flannel slightly moistened with water to clean these materials.
- Excessive exposure to the sun can change the color of the product.
- Resin products are fragile, always try to handle them with care.